The time has come for me to share my thoughts on what I learned tonight from today’s scheduled #BacaSek. Now, as many of you might wonder, what is #BacaSek? It’s a solitary movement made by Impactors (a youth community of my church) in Surabaya that sets a goal of reading the entire holy bible in one full year. So technically, you read several chapters given by your group leader daily, then you share the morals and wisdom you get by answering the questions provided inside of each picture that is given daily to guide you through your process of reading.
Anyhow since I have participated on this movement from the moment it began on January 1st, and have decided to settle upon it being one of my new year resolutions, I haven’t yet got a chance to share anything I got on my blog, so I have decided to try my best and share them with you today. The chapters for today were from Job 21-23, and since we are reading chronologically because Job was believed to be alive before Abraham did, below are the questions answered from the picture posted above:
1. What are the things you get today that happens to relate to God? God had proceeded into taking away everything Job has acquired for a reason. He gives and he takes, and Jobs may have been tolerant and understanding about that at first, but he couldn’t take it much longer, that ended him to rebel against God’s will.
Then Job replied: “Even today my complaint is bitter; His hand is heavy in spite of my groaning. If only I knew where to find him; if only I could go to His dwelling! I would state my case before Him and fill my mouth with arguments.” – Jobs 23:1-4
2. What are the things you are most grateful about to God today? The way He’s got everything planned out for me in my life, the way He knows what’s best through the trials and blessings He has bestowed upon me so far and of course His presence for always being there for me, becoming the greatest, most patient listener He is.
3. Is there a certain promise from Him that you get after reading these chapters? God will provide. He will bless and welcome me, as long as I am willing to live by His side by reflecting upon His behaviors and actions.
“You will pray to Him, and He will hear you, and you will fulfill your vows. What you decide on will be done, and light will shine on your ways.” – Job 22:27-28
4. What are God’s orders that you wish to fulfill from today’s reading? Being patient and staying loyal towards Him even when all seems lost. Restoration will come along the way, and I will get back on track, for I know that guidance that comes straight from His words are nothing but truth that will lead me towards the right path.
5. Name one person whom you shared your #BacaSek with today. Ce Alice, becoming the smartest group leader who took all her time and effort into explaining why Job came first before Abe did until I understood everything completely and who happens to be quite the bibliophic fellow such as myself as well (yahay). You can follow her blog here, you guys. Her contents are fabulous.
So that would be all for today’s #BacaSek. I’m hoping for you all to at least gain something good from reading my post today. Thank you guys so much for reading! Let me know if any of you also have a goal on reading the holy bible this year and how you plan on doing them by casting your comments down below. Have a nice evening, and may God bless.
from a proud daughter of Daddy Jesus,